1.6.16

May Favourites


I found it kind of hard to round up what I've been loving for a whole month. I tend to move from one product to the next, switch up my perfume every day and move through books and programmes quickly. Having said that there are, of course, the few things that I become obsessed with.  

Firstly, as its the first thing I use every day is the Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation. Its good coverage, covering blemishes well and evens out the skin tone nicely giving a good base for the rest of my makeup. I had read mixed reviews about this one but decided to give it a try. Whilst I do agree it emphasises dry patches, its a good price and I've been using it as my every day foundation. 

Whilst I do my makeup I always apply a lip balm to get my lips ready for the lip product I always apply last. I bought the EOS Mint Lip Balm whilst I was in America recently, I had used them before and didn't think highly of them but I've definitely changed my mind now.  This Mint flavour does kind of make my lips tingle and keeps my lips moisturised. 

The Luxie Large Angled Brush, I received in a recent glossy box. I'm normally a bit shy with my bronzer and tend to only apply a small amount that is barley noticeable. This brush helped me get over that as its angled you can get right into the hollows of your cheeks whilst blending the product nicely. The Luxie brushes are 100% cruelty-free, vegan, paraben-free and are coated with an antibacterial solution. The prices aren't too bad with this one available for £11.05.

One of my favourite products in my skin care routine is the Nip+Fab Skin Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads. The Glycolic acid exfoliates the skin, retexturing and resurfacing. I much prefer using a chemical exfoliant than a scrub, I find it much nicer to use. I also find these pads soothing, after cleansing my skin its a nice step before moisturiser. 

I change the fragrance I wear a lot in the day time. However I have recently been heading straight to the Bath and Body Works Fragrance Mists. This one is in the fragrance Beautiful Day, they describe the scent as a blend of peonies, daisies and sun kissed apples. I would say its just a lovely fresh scent. If your in the US go give it a smell, sorry UK. 

I've been reading Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass, its the collection of short novellas from the Selection series. I had already read most of them but this collection included the perspective of Marlee, and I was dying to read it. I will say it didn't disappoint, if your reading the series definitely gets your hands on this. 

Game of Thrones, Series 6. What can I say, for those of you watching as well, isn't that program so brilliantly clever. For the past couple of seasons I've felt it took them a while for the action to kick in. Season 6 however, I can honestly say I've been gripped every episode. I won't give anything away, if you haven't seen any of them you should get on it straight away. 

That was a long one, I apologise for waffling on. What were your favourites last month?

Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS