29.6.16

My Holiday Makeup Bag

Do you ever find yourself packing your makeup bag, trying to cram more and more in, justifying your three different blushers and six different lipsticks with 'well I will want different looks'? I always do! However this year I've tried to reduce it down to a reasonable amount of makeup for a few days away. Mainly by taking a smaller makeup bag but also by sticking to the essentials. And anyway, there are Sephora's where I'm heading so I can always pick something up if need be. (will definitely be buying a lot!) So this is what I'm taking with me, theres a lot to talk about so I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Before I start my makeup I use this eye rollerball, I really love this as it wakes up the eyes whilst preping them for under eye concealer. For Moisturiser I've been trying out the Origins GinZing moisturiser, loving it so far. I'm on the hunt for a good toner so I'll be looking in drug stores for that.

My trusted naked palettes. The original Naked palette is my favourite, it has some beautiful shades which can create many different looks. I was debating between this and my TooFaced Sweet Peach palette but this had to win. The Naked Basics 2 I use for my eyebrows. Ive been meaning to make a brow palette in Mac but haven't got around to it yet.

Sticking with the eyes, I'm taking my Mac paint pot in Soft Ochre as a base but if the Nars eyeshadow base is in the airport I'll be picking that up. My eyebrow gel is coming with me, I'm not a massive fan of this Milani one. I find it makes your brows look wet but it will have to do for now. I cannot do my makeup without my eyelash curler and alongside that I will be bringing my mascara of the moment which is Maybelline's Great Lash. For eyeliner I'm taking a brown one and then this bright yellow one from NYX, you know, just in case. Lastly for the eyes, I've got my short fake eyelashes and my DUO glue.

For my base I've chosen to take a BB cream, when its hot and humid the last thing I want is a full face of foundation so this is light but evens out the skin tone. Ive got the Naked Skin concealer, I bought this in the wrong shade so I haven't been able to try it yet, hopefully with a tan it will be the right match. I always use a translucent powder but for my holiday I will probably just use this to set under my eyes and my T-Zone but apart from that leave the skin dewy.

For bronzer I've chosen this one from Mac, its the Studio Sculpt Defining bronzing powder from one of their collections. I find this really long lasting and isn't too golden so it great for contouring. I was thinking for a while about which blush I would take but decided I wanted to take a cream one, this is one from Topshop. It goes on a cream and then turns into a powder texture on the skin. Im taking the L'oréal Lumi highlighter, I've been loving this recently!

You've got to take a few options for lips haven't you! Ive got a bright orange, a coral colour and then a clearish gloss. I will probably pick up a few lip shades whilst shopping but I think I'll be covered for all options with what I'm taking.

Whats the makeup item you have to have with you on holiday?

If you want to see what products I'll be taking in my wash bag, take a look at my most recent post. 

Thanks for reading! :)




2 comments:

  1. AAA I love this post! thanks for sharing this is super fun to read:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com
    Check out: http://www.zaful.com/?lkid=12928

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, thanks for the comment. Your blog looks great, I've followed straight away :)
      x

      Delete

CUSTOM DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS