19.5.16

American Beauty Haul


Hi everyone,

I recently came back from a trip to New York where I spent far too much money on makeup. Im going to show you exactly what I purchased and my thoughts on the products I've tried so far. I could spend all day in Sephora even if I'm just browsing, I tried not to go too crazy so only got a few bits from there. Its a mixture of drugstore and high end products as I  like to use a bit of both, theres always a good bargain in the drugstore. 


Eyes

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
This was my favourite purchase of the haul. The chocolate smell is just dreamy, I find myself smelling it for far too long before actually using it. All the shades are really usable and blend easily. My most used colours so far are semi-sweet, Champagne truffle and Milk Chocolate. I hadn't used anything from Too Faced before but am now dying to try more of their products. 

NYC City Proof 24hr Waterproof Eyeshadow
I dropped this the minute I bought it and the product went all over the lid, the OCD part of me cried for a while. I wasn't overly happy with this, I've tried it once as a base and it started to separate as the day went on. I'm yet to try it with different shadows and in different ways so I'll keep you posted if it redeems itself. 

Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel
I've only ever tried blushes from Milani before, so was excited to try some of they're other products. I haven't tried it yet, hopefully its keeps my brows in place.

Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara/ ClumpCrusher LashBlast Mascara
I had purchased both of these whilst I was in America last year and was dying to get my hands on them again. I prefer the LashBlast Volume, it separates lashes and keeps them curled all day, whilst giving them great volume. The ClumpCrusher is also great and keeping lashes curled, just doesn't give as much volume for me. 

WetnWild Coloricon Eyeshadow (Spiked/Groupie)
I was quite disappointed with this product. I used Spiked (the silver shade) on a recent night out and found it to be quite grainy, it didn't cover the eyelid seamlessly and left parts without any glitter at all. I had also used a glitter eyeliner to help it stick. Ill persevere and see if its any different with a different base but it doesn't seem promising. 


Face

WetnWild Coverall Correcting Palette
I'm still trying this, so far I've used the green shade the most to cover blemishes that are particularly red. I've used products like this before and really loved them. It seems to do the job and I like how its compact and useful for travel. 

L'Oréal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator
At first I wasn't sure how to use this but stupidly hadn't read it says Blush and Highlight. I've been using this as a highlight and I really like it. Its a very fine powder and has small glitter particles. The blend of the different colours gives a nice sheen on the cheekbones. It would also look really nice in the inner corner of the eyes. 

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter
I had this on my shopping list the whole time I was planning my trip. I've heard a lot about this, lots of beauty bloggers had been talking about the shade moonstone but I thought that Pearl (a whiter shade) was more up my street. After swatching in Sephora I went with Moonstone, I just felt Pearl was a bit too white, and I'm really happy with it. Its a bit stronger than the L'Oréal one but both are lovely. 



Lips

NYC Cityproof Intense Lip Colour (Canal st Coral/Riverside Rose)
These chubby stick style lip sticks are my favourite type of lip product. They're easy to apply quickly and are generally hydrating. These are no exception, the orange shade (Canal st Coral) doesn't come out as pigmented as it looks but it still a nice shade. The darker shade (Riverside Rose) I bought because I find these shades harder to wear. If its easy to apply I'm more likely to wear it. It looks darker in the picture but in real life its a dark plummy colour. 

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick (Lovesick)
I've got one other of these in the shade Bachelorette so I wanted to try a more wearable colour. They are drying, most liquid lipsticks are, but if you apply after using a lip balm I don't have that much of a problem. The Lovesick shade is really nice and wearable for the day time but would also make a nice lip with a smoky eye. 

EOS Lip balm (Blueberry Acaí/Blackberry Nectar/Coconut Milk/ Mint)
haven't always been a fan of these in the past, after having to purchase one during my trip I've fallen in love again. So much so I bought four flavours. They're convenient and I prefer using them over other lip balms in pots to avoid all those germs building up. 


Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturising Lip Gloss (Taupe with Me/Tickled Pink)
As far as I'm aware these are a new product in the Maybelline baby lips range. They're not very pigmented at all but do go nicely as a nude lip option in the Taupe with Me shade or I have been using Tickled Pink, either on its own or over another lip shade. This over the Kat Von D liquid lipstick would add more moisture if your struggle with the dry lips. 

If there's anything specific from this haul you would like me to chat about please let me know.

Thanks for reading! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS