22.5.16

Half Bad Trilogy (Sally Green) Review


I'm in love with reading and love a trilogy. I can feel genuinely upset when I've read a good book, fallen in love with the characters and there isn't another book to follow the story. I had read reviews around this and had put it on my wish lists of books to read. No spoilers, don't worry!


The story is set in the modern day where there are two kind of witches, black and white. Sally Green, a debut author, writes about a 'Half Code' Nathan. His mother (white witch) passed away years before the story is set and his father (black witch) is the most powerful, feared black witch ever known. The novel follows the story of Nathan and his struggle through the community of witches who live among the regular humans (fains). 



I found the first book quite hard to get into. Some parts of the story I found hard to grasp where it was in the timeline. It took me a while to get into the story and fully engage with Nathan. In my opinion this really set the scene for the next two and allowed the reader to get to know Nathan and his back story. Having said that by the end of the first book I instantly added the next two onto my wish list. 



The next two I read simultaneously and couldn't put down. I won't say which characters I fell in love with, I find that the most annoying spoiler, when people slip up and tell you which characters are in the next part of the story. The last two books are set it a very short time frame, I thought that was interesting as you literally get to follow every part of the story, nothing is skipped over. 



Without spoiling anything, I was happy with the ending Sally had written. I think it tied in with the story well and was a realistic end to the trilogy. Its no surprise this book achieved a guiness world record in being the 'Most Translated Book by a Debut Author, Pre-publication'.  I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys teen fiction, as its been compared to The Hunger Games and Harry Potter, if you enjoyed those I would definitely give this a try.



If you have any recommendations for me, please let me know. 



Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS